Wednesday, February 1, 2017

CCB Crew February challenge: hot chocolate hugs

Every month there's a challenge over on the Canvas Corp Brand blog. Its a mood board with images to get inspired from. 


This is what I did from this months challenge


From the inspiration board you can see I was inspired by the colors and the hot chocolate. I used my Cameo 2 and cut the ht chocolate cup. The lid I used jack Frost Glimmer mist snd Strerling Glimmer mist for the sleave. I used my fiskars paper crimper (remember  that from back in the day) and crimped the paper. I also used that color Glimmer mist on the steam. The hearts I colored with Island Spring Glimmer Glaze. (there were 4 hearts but one disappeared.)

While that was frying I did the background on my journal page. The journal I'm using is the 7Gypsies starter journal in 5x7 in Kraft. Its a nice heavy cardstock. I first gessoed the middle of the page. Once that dried, I sprayed on the Jack frost Glimmer Mist, Sterling Glimmer Mist and a little pearl Glimmer mist. Letting the drip in some spots.

Once the background was dry, I put together the hot chocolate cup and glued it on the page. I found a sentiment on pintrest, typed it on my computer and printed it. cut and glued on the page.   I added some splatter with the sprays and also some of the white gesso. I finally went around the words with a black pen.








No comments: